What can we help you find today?
When you choose local, personal banking with the Chief, you choose flexibility and local servicing. Explore how Blackhawk Bank & Trust makes banking simple.
PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNTS
Earn interest on balances depending on qualifications met and options chosen in this personal, tiered-rate interest checking account.
MORE ABOUT INTEREST CHECKING
CASH REWARDS CHECKING
The more you spend, the more you earn. This Cash Rewards personal checking account gives you the ability to earn cash based on how much you spend on your Blackhawk Bank & Trust card(s).
MORE ABOUT CASH REWARDS CHECKING
Designed to meet the basic checking account needs. No frills, no nonsense, just an easy-to-use checking account.
MORE ABOUT ESSENTIAL CHECKING
This personal account is designed for customers who maintain additional personal deposit and loan relationships with Blackhawk Bank & Trust. Like our Interest checking, the account earns interest even when qualifications are not met.
MORE ABOUT RELATIONSHIP CHECKING
HSA CHECKING ACCOUNT
A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account established exclusively for the purpose of paying or reimbursing qualified medical expenses of you, your spouse, and your dependents.
This account offers a debit card and checks, and earns interest. See our complete terms and conditions for detailed information on this account.
HSA CHECKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS HSA RATES
MONEY MARKET DEPOSIT ACCOUNT (MMDA)
Our Money Market deposit accounts offer tiered interest rates, earning you more on higher balances. This account offers a debit card and checks. Federal law limits the number of withdrawals and transfers you can make from your MMDA account during each statement cycle. See our complete terms and conditions for detailed information on this account.
MMDA CHECKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS MMDA RATES
AUTOMATIC TRANSFER AUTHORIZATION (ATA)
- An ATA can be set up between a checking or savings account.
- There is a $5.00 fee applied each business day in which account transfers occur.
- Funds will be transferred from the eligible account to the checking account in increments of $100.00. Please note: Partial transfers will occur if funds are not sufficient to meet the transfer increment, even if they will not fully cover the overdrawn item(s). The transfer fee stated in this section will be charged for partial transfers under this agreement.
OVERDRAFT PROTECTION ACCOUNT
- The Line of Credit (LOC) is tied to any checking account except HSA Checking Accounts.
- There is a $10.00 Semi-Annual Fee for this LOC, with a $5.00 transfer fee to access the attached Line of Credit.
- Funds will be transferred from the LOC to the checking account in increments of $100.00. Please note: Partial transfers will occur if funds are not sufficient to meet the transfer increment, even if they will not fully cover the overdrawn item(s). The transfer fee stated in this section will be charged for partial transfers under this agreement.
- The minimum monthly automatic payment is $50.00 to repay the Line of Credit.
- The default Line of Credit limit is $500.00.
Click here for additional information Click here to apply
On March 31, 2019, Blackhawk Bank & Trust introduced four new checking account products and a new Money Market deposit account.
Existing customers with accounts opened prior to March 31, 2019 continue to be welcome to have active legacy accounts. To view our listing of legacy accounts and the terms and conditions associated with those accounts, please see our legacy checking account details page.